As the owner of a sealcoating company, your expertise in bringing asphalt back to life is only one ingredient in the recipe for success. In truth, building and maintaining a strong client base is equally important. Thankfully, there are many tools that will keep your venture cooking nicely, and Google My Business is one of the greatest at your disposal.
What is Google My Business?
By now, most company owners are familiar with Google My Business. Launched in 2014, it is a resource that helps businesses manage their online presence. It combines many of the best features found on other platforms (company website, social media pages, etc.) while also integrating with those external sources. It enables companies to;
- Verify relevant and updated business data,
- Interact with customers directly through posts and comments,
- Collect verified customer reviews,
- Send out information to followers and new interactions.
It is an important metric for determining your ranking on the SERPs as well as your presence on Google Maps. Given that Google still outperforms PPC and social media marketing, utilizing your GMB listing is crucial for unlocking your full potential.
How to use Google My Business for Your Sealcoating Company
Google My Business has been a powerful tool for over half a decade. However, it has taken on a whole new level of importance in the post-coronavirus era. After all, a lot of consumers and B2B clients are faced with ambiguity regarding which sealcoating specialists are still open and running. So, as well as turning to Google to find companies, they will seek relevant info.
Therefore, you should use the GMB listing page to keep clients updated about several key elements, including the following;
- Hours of operation: if the sealcoating company is operating with different hours than it would under normal circumstances, you must use your GMB page to keep the details updated.
- Company information: if the business has moved location or is now working from home, you must ensure that the Google My Business page contains the right telephone numbers, email address, and contact info.
- Location-specific info: if the situations dictate that you can no longer serve certain areas until the pandemic is over, or if a branch has temporarily closed, you must use the GMB page to confirm this.
In addition to keeping potential customers in the know about the company’s availability, you can use the Google My Business tools to build trust and increase the general interest in your brand. A strong SEO ranking instantly creates a professional vibe while securing testimonials can work wonders for conversion rates too.
How to Keep Your Google My Business page updated
If you do not already have a Google My Business account, now is the time to build one. Assuming you do, the following steps can be followed to update your account;
- Sign in to your google.com/business account.
- Choose the branch or location that you want to change.
- Navigate to the Info tab and click the pencil icon to enter edit mode.
- Remove outdated info by clicking the X icon.
- Or choose the “Mark as Temporarily Closed” icon if required.
- Click “Apply” changes, which will then be reviewed and automatically changed.
From inside the platform dashboard, you can also add new posts and interact with customers directly. Managing your business to grow your client base and retain customer loyalty never looked better.